Adjunct Faculty at Bayan Claremont
Hadia Abdullah holds a Doctoral Degree in Medicine (M.D.) from Aleppo University in Syria and practiced medicine in Damascus from 1992 to 2001. For the past ten years, Hadia has taught Arabic in both the public and private sector to native speakers and non-native speakers.
She currently teaches Arabic at Bayan Claremont and serves as the program coordinator for the Southern California Arabic Language Teacher Council (SCALTC), a pilot project whose goal is to support the teaching of Arabic in Southern California and to provide resources to Arabic language educators from a variety of institutions.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & INTERFAITH WORK:
- American Muslim Health Professionals: Member
- Islamic Center Southern California: Social Services Committee Chair 2009-2012
- ATCSC Arabic Teacher Council of Southern California: Program Coordinator
- NATA National Arabic Teacher Association: Member
- ACTFL American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages: Member
- SIG Arabic Special Interest Group: Member
Doctor of Medicine – Aleppo University, Syria